Tobramycin Injection is formulated by experts. The Tobramycin Sulphate 80 mg/2ml IM/IV Injection is tried and tested for assured results. Our specially formulated Tobramycin Injection contains Tobramycin Sulphate, which is an aminoglycoside that acts by inhibiting the synthesis of protein in bacterial cells.
For successful clinical response, in specific infections :
- Immuno-compromised conditions
- Urinary tract infections
- Gram '-' ve infections in abdomen or pelvis
- Acute infections of unknown origin
- Complicated Pyelonephritis
- Prophylaxis in sub acute Bacterial endocarditis
Supports anti-infective therapy during intensive care :
- In resuscitation wards
- With tracheostomy
- For patients on respirators, on peritoneal dialysis, with implants & in ICU
Adults with serious infections :
- 3 mg / kg / day administered in 3 equal doses every 8 hours
Adults with life-threatening infections :
- Up to 5mg / kg / day, in 3 or 4 equal doses.
- Children : 6 to 7.5 mg/kg/day in 3 or 4 equally divided doses (2 to 2.5 mg/kg/ every 8 hours or 1.5 to 1.89 mg/kg every 6 hours.)
- Premature or full-term neonates : One weak of age or less-up to 4mg/kg/day may be administered in 2 equal doses every 12 hours.