Tranexamic Acid Injection
Tranexamic Acid Injection is administered when every second counts to stop acute bleeding. The internationally acclaimed Tranexamic Acid Injection is an anti-fibrinolytic agent for reliable and safe control of acute bleeding. Considered the best solution to stop the bleeding, Tranexamic Acid 500 mg / 5 ml injection is ideal for IV use only.
RCOG Guidelines : According to the Royal College of obstetricians & Gynaceologists (RCOG) guidelines No. 1 February 2002, Tranexamic Acid is recommended as the first line treatment of choice.
Tranexamic Acid :
- 54% reduction in blood loss
- 81% women were satisfied with the treatment and judged their menstrual blood loss to be "Decreased" or strontly decreased"
Indicated In :
- Menorrhagia due to IUCD
- Tooth Extraction
- MTP induced bleeding
- Ocular trauma
- Bleeding piles
- Dental Extraction in Hemophilia Patients Adults and children
- IV 10 mg/kg immediately before dental extraction, then 10 mg/kg 3 to 4 times daily for 2 to 8 days, together with replacement therapy.
- Renal Function Impairment; - IV Serum Creatinine 1.36 to 2.83 mg / DL - 10 mg/kg twice daily;
- Serum Creatining 2.83 to 5.66 mg/dL - 10 mg / kg once daily :
- Serum Creatinine greater than 5.66 - 10 mg/kg every 48 h or 5 mg/kg every 24 h.