Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate Injection
Name of the medicinal product
- Methylprednisolone 40mg / 125 mg / 500 mg /1000 mg for injection/infusion
- Powder for injection/infusion.
- Each vial of methylprednisolone sodium succinate contains a white or almost white amorphous powder.
Methylprednisolone powder is indicated to treat any condition in which rapid and intense corticosteroid effect is required such as:
- Severe erythema multiforme (Stevens Johnson syndrome)
- Bronchial asthma
- Severe seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis
- Angioneurotic oedema
Gastro intestinal diseases
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Aspiration of gastric contents
- Fulminating or disseminated tuberculosis (with appropriate antituberculous chemotherapy)
- Cerebral oedema secondary to cerebral tumour
- Acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis superimposed on a relapsing/remitting background.
- T.B. meningitis (with appropriate antituberculous chemotherapy)